How You Wash and Dry Your Hands Could Make a Difference
Alejandra Edwards-Garcia, Marketing Analyst
As you may know, respiratory viruses, such as the novel Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) flu, and the common cold, can spread quickly through touch. Therefore, the one way to stop the spread of germs and viruses starts with proper handwashing.
Believe it or not, only five percent of adults wash their hands properly after using the restroom, according to Michigan State University. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends thoroughly washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Okay, you already do that? Well, you still could be missing a key step.
The Mayo Clinic advises on drying hands completely to avoid germ transference. This crucial step can be done with a hand dryer or other drying method – what makes the difference is completely drying your hands. The right solution can further promote sanitation. World Dryer touch-free hand dryers allow users to hygienically dry their hands without long waits. Added features such as HEPA filtration removes up to 99.97% of pollutants in the air, including bacteria and viruses. At the same time, antimicrobial coatings inhibit the growth of these and mold on the equipment.
So, let’s get back to the basics. If you’re among the 95 percent of people who aren’t washing their hands properly—it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to do it right. Follow these steps, so you can have a hand in protecting human health.
1. Wet your hands with clean, running water, turn off the tap, and apply soap.
2. Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Don’t forget to lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
3. Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice or pick your favorite tune from this list.
4. Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
5. Dry your hands with a sanitary drying option, like a World Dryer high-speed hand dryer.
Following the CDC Handwashing Guidelines not only reduces the possibility of illness for you; it protects the health of those around you. Explore World Dryer to find hygienic drying solutions for your restroom. Thank you for taking the time to wash your hands and remember, we’re all in this together!